On June 12, the successful MMORPG Runes of Magic will expand with its fifth chapter, Fires of Shadowforge, and the doors will open to a surreal and hostile land utterly desolated by firestorms. In the Ancient Kingdom of Rorazan, mechanical golems and spirits go about their dastardly business as players find the new high-level instance, the Aeternal Circle, in which four powerful rune guardians challenge the courageous to grueling battles.
The Ancient Kingdom of Rorazan is situated in the west of the new continent of Kolydia. For generations, the inhabitants here lived in peace with one another. However, when underlings of the demon mage Maderoth released an elemental being, the King of the Fires, from his centuries-long imprisonment, a violent explosion erupted. The resulting blaze reduced vast expanses into nothing more than wastelands. The only remaining inhabitants now are the spirits, mechanical beings, and fire elementals capable of surviving this burnt terrain.
In the north of Rorazan, players will find the entrance to the new high-level instance, the Aeternal Circle, available in two different levels of difficulty. Four powerful rune golems have fortified themselves here, and after each boss battle, a riddle will have to be solved before players can teleport into the next area. In the final battle, players will pit themselves with sword, shield, and spell against the powerful Da‘dalodin.
For more information on Runes of Magic: Chapter V, please visit:
Runes of Magic – A world full of magic and adventure
Runes of Magic has redefined the standard for free-to-play MMORPGs with its wide range of features. The online role-play game is based on an exciting, multi-layered story, driven by more than 4,500 quests set in the atmospheric fantasy world of Taborea, which spreads over two continents. Players choose one of eight classes, which they can combine with a secondary and third class. Each class combination has individually assigned elite skills. Runes of Magic offers two races to choose between, the elves and the humans, which can be customized using the wide selection of available physical characteristics.
A large range of furniture and other functional items lets players furnish and customize their own virtual homes. In guilds, groups of players can construct their own guild castles, which may then be expanded with additional buildings and powerful siege engines allowing them to go head-to-head in absorbing guild wars. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and ranking systems, gripping player vs. player features such as arenas and open battlefields, flexible and extensive customization of the user interface, a selection of demanding dungeons, and many other features, Runes of Magic, has something for everyone. So far Runes of Magic has attracted over 4 million registered users making it one of the most popular and successful free-to-play MMORPGs on the market.
Runes of Magic Features
- Multi class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- Gripping player-versus-player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Guilds can set themselves against each other in formidable guild wars
- In-depth story experienced through above 2,800 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Easy travel using portals and a wide range of mounts
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 players
- Dual difficulty levels in the most challenging dungeons
- Entertaining mini-games for single players and guilds alike
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Versatile role play elements including a marriage system
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content