New Developer Services Introduced, Audio System Upgraded and Room Editor Functionality Enhanced
YoYo Games announced that Update 1.1 for GameMaker: Studio, its cross-platform games development environment, is available now. With the free update, developers will have unprecedented access to a wide range of services directly from GameMaker: Studio’s user interface, removing the technical barrier of integrating and deploying business services into games. YoYo Games has also significantly upgraded GameMaker: Studio’s audio system and room editor.
Services integrated and available in GameMaker: Studio Update 1.1:
- AdColony (<gp_link type=”http” loc=”//www.adcolony.com”>www.adcolony.com);
- AdMob (<gp_link type=”http” loc=”//www.admob.com”>www.admob.com);
- Facebook (www.facebook.com);
- Google Play Licensing (developer.android.com/guide/google/play/licensing/index.html);
- iAds (advertising.apple.com) and (<gp_link type=”https” loc=”//developer.apple.com/iad/”>https://developer.apple.com/iad/);
- MoPub (<gp_link type=”http” loc=”//www.mopub.com”>www.mopub.com);
- Pocket Change (<gp_link type=”http” loc=”//www.pocketchange.com”>www.pocketchange.com); and
- SupersonicAds (<gp_link type=”http” loc=”//www.supersonicads.com”>www.supersonicads.com).
YoYo Games continues to add services to GameMaker: Studio on an on-going basis and will make those services available in future updates. Google Analytics (<gp_link type=”http” loc=”//www.google.com/analytics”>www.google.com/analytics) will be available soon.
GameMaker: Studio’s audio system has been completely re-written allowing much more comprehensive control of audio assets, including pause, speed, frequency and native ogg support. GameMaker: Studio’s room editor upgrade has been made to the “left click” which allows access to enhanced features like cut and paste, simple moving, and mouse-based scaling and rotation.
GameMaker: Studio has been developed with usability and efficiency at its core, allowing developers to create games in a single code base and then export and run them natively on multiple formats including HTML5, Facebook, Android, iOS, Windows and OSX. GameMaker: Studio offers a powerful, yet simple to use drag-and-drop integrated development environment with a built-in games-oriented scripting language that considerably increases games development productivity. GameMaker: Studio is a best-of-breed platform that caters to entry-level novices and seasoned game development professionals equally.
To download GameMaker: Studio Version 1.1, learn more about the GameMaker: Studio family of products and to get GameMaker: Studio, please visit: <gp_link type=”http” loc=”//www.yoyogames.com”>www.yoyogames.com.