Episode One – “The Hangman” – of Phoenix Online Studios’ Crime Adventure, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, Heading to PC and Mac Soon
Reverb Publishing and Phoenix Online Studios have revealed that the first episode of their upcoming adventure game, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, will be releasing on October 30 on PC and Mac. Players will be able to purchase the game on digital platforms GamersGate(<gp_link type=”http” loc=”//www.gamersgate.com/DD-COGN/cognition-an-erica-reed-thriller-season-pass-bundle”>http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-COGN/cognition-an-erica-reed-thriller-season-pass-bundle, worldwide) Rain Digital Games(<gp_link type=”http” loc=”//www.raindg.com/title/cognition”>http://www.raindg.com/title/cognition, worldwide except Europe) and GameStop (<gp_link type=”http” loc=”//www.impulsedriven.com/cognitionsp”>http://www.impulsedriven.com/cognitionsp, worldwide except Europe), and can vote for it on Steam Greenlight(<gp_link type=”http” loc=”//steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92915746″>http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92915746) to see it up on Valve’s Steam platform.
The first of four eventual episodes, entitled “The Hangman”, will be available for download at a $9.99 price point, as well as in a Season Pass that features all episodes and an exclusive digital comic for $29.99. Additionally, those who pre-order the Season Pass prior to the game’s release will receive the entire package at a five dollar discount and get the original soundtrack of the first Episode in the package.
From Phoenix Online Studios, the acclaimed developer behind The Silver Lining, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller is an engrossing narrative with a truly evocative atmosphere. This chilling point-and-click adventure is a thought-provoking mystery following Erica Reed, a Boston-based FBI agent, haunted by the unsolved case of a serial killer who took her brother’s life. With the use of her post-cognition abilities – seeing an object’s past with a touch – players are challenged to unravel a complex tableau of characters, plots and puzzles, over the course of four episodes.
Key features include:
- Engrossing, Episodic Narrative – As an engaging and narrative-driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over multiple episodes of thrilling mystery.
- Fully-realized Characters – A very talented cast of voice actors helps round out diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic.
- Choices Matter – Branching puzzles have several different ways to be completed and solved, offering unique paths for the player to take as they solve the mystery.
- Mind-bending Challenges – This game is easy to pick up and play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy.
- Stunning Art – The breath-taking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly.
- All-Star Dev Team – Developed by a true indie “dream team”, the line-up includes comic artist Romano Molenaar (Batman, Witchblade, Tomb Raider, X-Men) as Art Director and renowned adventure game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter, and the upcoming Moebius) lending her expertise as Story Consultant.
To a view a trailer, stills and concept art, visit the Cognition sitehere. Review and vote for Cognition on Steam Greenlight here.
For more information on Reverb Publishing and its line-up of titles, please visit us at <gp_link type=”http” loc=”//www.reverbpublishing.com”>www.reverbpublishing.com, follow us on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook.